[PlanetCCRMA] update to CCRMA?

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Mon Apr 17 15:04:00 2006

On Monday 17 April 2006 14:19, na bob wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 03:43:01 -0700 (PDT)
>
> na bob <nabob_cd@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > 2. so i re-installed and tried the link:
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/all/linux/SRPMS/
>
> > but synaptic tells me this link is not known.
> >
> >I wasn't able to get the kernel-devel through
>
> synaptic; I used URL above to download the RPM
> manually.
>
> >I use this line in
>
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/planetedge.list:
> >rpm http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt
>
> fedora/4/i386 planetedge
>
> >That got me everything except the devel package.
>
> Hi Joe,
> of course i a newbie: i put in this line in the
> sources.list and i tried the following:
>
> [root@localhost menno]# apt-get update
> Get:1 http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/4/i386 release
> [1619B]
> Fetched 1619B in 0s (4375B/s)
> Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/4/i386/planetedge
> pkglist
> Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/4/i386/planetedge
> release
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
>
> and then:
>
> [root@localhost menno]# apt-get install
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 2 not
> upgraded.
>
> and that&#347; it. No update at all. What i am
> forgetting here?
>
> Menno

Hi Menno. With FC4 you should have in /etc/apt/sources.list.d  a file name for
the planet ccrma repo's. That is, if you installed apt from planetccrma. An
apt-get update is run first, then you run apt-get dist-upgrade, which will
upgrade all the FC4 system stuff. Apt-get install is used for specific
packages. For instance. If you want to install alsaplayer you type.
apt-get install alsaplayer. Allways run apt-get update before running
apt-get install <packagename>, or apt-get dist-upgrade, as it updates the
package list.