[PlanetCCRMA] RME Multiface II ALSA problems

Link Swanson link@sumerianbabyl.com
Fri Apr 14 22:32:01 2006

I just bought an RME Hammerfall HDSP PCI card with a Multiface II
interface and it works great will all JACK applications, but my non-jack
audio apps (xine, amarok, mplayer) no longer work. AmaroK refuses to use
or even see the gstreamer engine and will not play any audio. Xine
complains of "no audio device" when using the ALSA driver, but works
fine when the OSS driver is selected. XMMS works with both the ALSA and
the JACK driver. All JACK apps work flawessly.

Before I got the Multiface I was using a Delta 44 and amaroK worked great.

Any ideas?