[PlanetCCRMA] Upgrdade FC4 to 2.6.16 without losing edge kernel?

Wed Apr 12 09:57:02 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 09:14 +0300, Timo wrote:
> I noticed that Fedora have released a 2.6.16 kernel for Fedora Core 4.
> Although the CCRMA 2.6.14 rrt edge kernel freezes occasionally every
> now and then I would like to keep it in case the 2.6.16 kernel shows
> up being worse.
>
> I am using apt and synaptic with the CCRMA repositories to maintain my
> system. How do I install the 2.6.16 fedora kernel without losing my
> edge kernel and alsa modules?

If you install the Fedora kernel normally (rpm -ivh, _NOT_ -Uvh which
would erase all other kernels :-) then the Planet CCRMA kernel should
still be available as a boot option.

[I do have a newer kernel but I have not been able to find the time to
release it, even for testing]

-- Fernando