[PlanetCCRMA] Re: PlanetCCRMA digest, Vol 1 #1462 - 4 msgs

Mirco Scaramucci mircobeaker@gawab.com
Sat Oct 22 09:13:01 2005

Hello there,
I am having a really strange problem with Ardour and qjackctl on my
Fedora 4 machine, kernel 2.6.12-0.12-rdt.rhdc4.ccrma.
My sound card is is a C-Media CMI88738-MC6 (alsa mixer). My sytem is a
P4 2.6GHz.
First of all, after installing all the necessary software fromn planet
ccrma, I followed the tutorial on your website, as usual, and set up the
hardisk parameters and all went ok but we it came down to stop the
alsasound issueing the command: /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound stop an error
was returned stating: no such file or directory.
I then proceeded anyway on trying to start the jack audio server using
QJACKCTL and all went well.
I managed to run Rosegarden, qsynth contemporaneously and got a very
good sound output anyway.
I then, as a test, tried to load on to the multitrack Ardour ASH's new
single 6 tracks and all was working well apart from the fact that the
sound was only coming out of the 2 left speakers and not from the other
2 on the right.
I tried to reset all the connections between alsa and ardour connetcting
all the available ports and swapping around connections but the most I
managed to get out of the 2 right speakers was a very loud noice and
nothing else.
I also tried changing channels on ardour but nothing worked.
I then tested Sooperlooper and got the same problem.
Can anybody tell me please what  I am doing wrong?

PLEASE HELP I need to get this song edited and remixed a.s.a.p and can't
seem to get over this problem.

Thank you very much in advance.

Mirco