[PlanetCCRMA] Whysynth and Smack compile problems

Tracey Hytry shakti@bayarea.net
Mon Oct 17 00:42:01 2005

Nigel,

I'm assuming that you're using the planet's apt-get system?

Could you take a look at your system with "synaptic" and see if there's any parts of the planet that are not installed?

Synaptic will list just about everything that's not installed from the repository or repositories you have the apt-get system pointing at.  A lot of those files shouldn't be installed though(like the smp stuff on a single processor machine, etc);  but it will give you an idea of what may be missing?

I have a FC3/planet-ccrma system that I was able to build and run whysynth on out of the box(as they say)(or at least it was the normal configure/make/make-install in my little build sandbox).  I am very impressed with whysynth so far(it will be even better if the author adds the midi control bindings:).  I was going to ask Fernando if he could try adding whysynth to the planet sometime when he's only working at normal speed, but I was thinking that may be a bit into the future.

Tracey.