[PlanetCCRMA] Whysynth and Smack compile problems

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Sun Oct 16 15:13:01 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 18:06, Matthew Radey wrote:
> Install the liblo-devel rpm:
>
> [marad@studiotwo ~]$ rpm -ql liblo-devel
> /usr/include/lo
> /usr/include/lo/lo.h
> /usr/include/lo/lo_endian.h
> /usr/include/lo/lo_errors.h
> /usr/include/lo/lo_lowlevel.h
> /usr/include/lo/lo_macros.h
> /usr/include/lo/lo_osc_types.h
> /usr/include/lo/lo_throw.h
> /usr/include/lo/lo_types.h
> /usr/lib/liblo.so
> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/liblo.pc
> /usr/share/man/man3/_usr_src_rpm_BUILD_liblo-0.18_lo_.3.gz
> /usr/share/man/man3/liblo.3.gz
> /usr/share/man/man3/liblolowlevel.3.gz
> /usr/share/man/man3/lo.h.3.gz
> /usr/share/man/man3/lo_arg.3.gz
> /usr/share/man/man3/lo_lowlevel.h.3.gz
> /usr/share/man/man3/lo_osc_types.h.3.gz
> /usr/share/man/man3/lo_timetag.3.gz
> /usr/share/man/man3/pp.3.gz
>

> Cheers,
>
> Matthew

Hi Mathew. Thanks for the info. With liblo-devel installed by apt-get I now
can run ./configure to completion on FC2 & FC3. On FC2, make runs ok and then
make install installs whysynth so that I can start it off the command line
once jack is started from qjackctl. Theres still a problem on FC3 though, as
make stops with errors, as below.

checking MODULE_LIBS... -llo -lpthread
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
[root@localhost whysynth-20051005]# make
cd . && /bin/sh /home/djmons/Whysynth/whysynth-20051005/missing --run
aclocal-1.7
aclocal: configure.ac: 32: macro `AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

I'm not sure what to make of this, but at least I've got whysynth working on
FC2. I'm not pushing the Smack drum machine problem and it's "om" and "omins"
deps at the moment. I tried "om" again and it's complaining that it needs a
later version of liblo, "0.22", and only version "0.18-1" is on FC2 and FC3.
Thanks again for the help. Nigel.