[PlanetCCRMA] Whysynth and Smack compile problems

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Sun Oct 16 08:22:00 2005

Hi. I know it's a bit of a cheek posting this question here, but thought also
that Fernando might consider (when he's got time) to add Whysynth, a DSSI
plugin, and Smack, a drum machine, which has a couple of deps "om" and
"omins" to the audio software list. The problem I'm having with Whysynth is
with ./configure. It's complaining that it can't find liblo.pc in
pkgconfig,which is because it ain't there. I put DSSI, hexter, xsynth-dssi,
fluidsynth-dssi, and dssi-devel, on both FC2 and FC3 . All packages from
planetccrma installed with apt-get. liblo is on the machine, as it came as a
dep for Rosegarden, and is showing as /usr/lib/liblo.so.0, which is a
softlink to liblo.so.0.4.0, which is also there. /usr/lib/pkgconfig does have
dssi.pc, and all the plugins work ok. fluidsynth-dssi doesn't seem to have an
option for putting it on the desktop, but hexter and xsynth-dssi can be
copied to the destop from /usr/share , and work ok from there. Has anybody
installed the Whysynth source package, and got it to work? If so. whats the
workaround for the missing liblo.pc? Nigel.

Whysynth: http://home.jps.net/~musound/whysynth.html
thats a tilda before musound.
Smack: http://smack.berlios.de