[PlanetCCRMA] ANN: VST on FC3 on Planet CCRMA HOWTO V 1.1

Timo Sivula timo.sivula@gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 11:13:01 2005

> From: Louis van Dompselaar <louis@dompselaar.org>

> However, the Steinberg server ygrabit.steinberg.de appears to be dead.
> The SDK appears to be available from
> http://www.steinberg.de/Steinberg/ygrabit/

Thanks, I updated this to the HOWTO and also modified the text
accordingly to encourage the user to download and unzip the sdk.

> I also had to:
>
> cp /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/libfst.pc /usr/lib/pkgconfig/
>
> but that might just be my config

This is a bit surprising. Did you do the linking of /usr/lib/pkgconfig
and /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig as described in the HOWTO? I would recall I
put the linking there because of this reason, but am not sure anymore...

> From: Hector Centeno-Garcia <h.centeno@sympatico.ca>

> Maybe you could add to your guide the change needed to not get two
> windows open every time you launch a VST using jack_fst.

Thanks, I included this in the section describing the Wine install.
Forgot all about this earlier.

The new HOWTO version, 1.1.1, with the above improvements is now
available at: http://www.geocities.com/dn_liitto/english/VST-on-FC3-
Planet-CCRMA-HOWTO.html

br, Timo