[PlanetCCRMA] dssi problems

Nigel Henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Thu Oct 13 14:22:01 2005

Having nothing better to do and wanting to try new synths, I thought I'd have
a go at dssi, also theres a new synth called whysynth that looks interesting.
I DL'd with apt-get to one of my FC2 installs, dssi, hexter, and Xsynth-DSSI.
I'm not sure how dssi works, but anyway started jack through qjackctl, and
Xsynth-DSSI was showing as connected on the audio side. Next connected my
midi keyboard to Xsynth. So far so good. The midi connection from the
keyboard seems ok, as when I change programs on the keyboard, they change on
the GUI for Xsynth. Problem is I can't get any of the keys to produce sounds.
There's no problem with the sound system. All other apps work ok. Any hints
on how I can get these synths to produce sounds?  Nigel.