[PlanetCCRMA] re: VST on FC3 on PlanetCCRMA

Jeff Farr moogah@gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 19:55:02 2005

------=_Part_4329_15360995.1129172071130

Hello, I too am working through timo's howto, does he by chance post on thi=
list? I'm having trouble with autogen.sh on FC3, when I try to run it I get
the message:
./autogen.sh: line 4: aclocal: command not found
Anybody have any ideas?

On 10/4/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/4/05, Andrew Longland-Meech <andrew@longland-meech.me.uk> wrote:
> > I guess I should also ask if there is any possibility
> > of getting jack_fst to work with a more up-to-date version of Wine.
> > Anyone any ideas on this? I'm not a competent enough programmer to be
> > able to do a rewrite.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Andrew
>
> There is no good possibility to get this working with a newer version
> of Wine. In May of 2004 Wine's handling of memory was changed in a
> major way which ,ade it more compatible with Windows programs and
> broke jack_fst. I filed a bug report with the Wine guys but as long as
> 20040505 builds that's the solution.
>
> What will occur one of these days is that gcc and associated things
> will move forward and Wine-200405050 will no longer compile. At that
> time this tree will die and it's back to the drawing board. Until
> then, enjoy.
>
> There was some work done in private to make a new method of running
> vst's. Unfortunately I think the author has probably abandoned that
> work and I know of nothing else.
>
> Sorry for such a gloomy report.
>
> - Mark

------=_Part_4329_15360995.1129172071130

Hello, I too am working through timo's howto, does he by chance post on
this list?&nbsp; I'm having trouble with autogen.sh on FC3, when I try
to run it I get the message:<br>
./autogen.sh: line 4: aclocal: command not found<br>
 <b class=3D"gmail_sendername">Mark Knecht</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:markkn=
echt@gmail.com">markknecht@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin=
: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
On 10/4/05, Andrew Longland-Meech &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:andrew@longland-mee=
ch.me.uk">andrew@longland-meech.me.uk</a>&gt; wrote:<br>&gt; I guess I shou=
ld also ask if there is any possibility<br>&gt; of getting jack_fst to work=
 with a more up-to-date version of Wine.
Andrew<br><br>There is no good possibility to get this working with a newer=
 version
ajor way which ,ade it more compatible with Windows programs and<br>broke j=
ack_fst. I filed a bug report with the Wine guys but as long as<br>20040505=
 builds that's the solution.
>time this tree will die and it's back to the drawing board. Until<br>then,=
 enjoy.
work and I know of nothing else.<br><br>Sorry for such a gloomy report.