[PlanetCCRMA] Most stable CCRMA with all audio video apps

Spec specialaka@blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 17:02:00 2005

Hello again all!
Further to last post re: my FC3 CCRMA where Gem seems to lock up all
linux and keyboard (cant even get virtual console), I was messing with
compiling and it seems that some of the libraries have made major chages
(libdv no longer has a dv1394.h header for example) where the
application sources are expecting different compilers and library
versions etc.  No matter what I tried Gem still locks linux on
destroying a graphics window after some examples most notably the gem
08.model.pd example in the 01. basic directory which always locks it!
(but could that be nvidia driver?  glxgears seems working much faster so
I'm guessing the driver is working)

Could anyone say which is the best fedora core to use or should I go all
the way back to RH9, I want to use PD and gem, and cinelerra (that sort
of compiles and almost works....) in fact the full set of CCRMA packages
and the nvidia drivers (which one is stable?) for dual head tv out and
3d accel.
Any comments appreciated!