[PlanetCCRMA] Bad MIDI timing in muse

mArukqs marukas@hardcore.lt
Thu Oct 6 06:37:01 2005

Hello,

Start muse and create a drum track - you will hear that the rythm is not
steady. It is drifting all the time.

To be 100% sure that this is a problem in muse create a short perfect loop
with 16 Hi hat hits and play it with default tempo.

Youĺl hear something like:
ta-ta-ta-ta-tra-ta-ta-ta-ta-tra-tra-tat-tra-ta-tra-ta
(lengths of 16 hits are different and notes are played on a wrong time. it
sound like a drummer is a beginner)

And the correct sound should be:
ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta
(all 16 notes are equal length and played on correct time. it sounds
perfectly like a drum machine)

My PC is Athlon +3000 512 RAM, FC4. The same problem was before with FC2
on Celeron 900. Previously I was solving this problem by disabling audio
(muse -a), but when I try to do this now I get this message:

starting with default template
  name2route: <alsa_pcm:playback_1> not found
  name2route: <alsa_pcm:playback_2> not found
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed
no locale <muse_en_US.UTF-8>/</usr/share/muse/locale>
starting with default template
  name2route: <alsa_pcm:playback_1> not found
  name2route: <alsa_pcm:playback_2> not found
Segmentation fault

Marukqs