[PlanetCCRMA] Problem with ens1371 card

Stuart Allie Stuart.Allie@hydro.com.au
Wed Oct 5 16:11:02 2005

Hi All,

I just upgraded from RedHat 9 to Fedora Core 3 + PlanetCCRMA. FC3
correctly identified both the onboard sound (intel8x0) and the pci card
(ens1371). While the onboard sound works perfectly, I can't get any
sound out of the pci card. The mixer for the pci card doesn't show any
PCM controls, so I can't unmute and set the PCM volume. There's a master
volume, phono, aux, CD, ... but no PCM.

Some info that might help:

- Alsa is 1.0.9 (rc1?) from the last planet cdrom image for FC3.

- /proc/asound/card0/oss_mixer has a line like this:
PCM "" 0

- amixer doesn't list a "PCM" simple mixer control.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stuart

Stuart Allie
stuart -dot- allie -at- hydro -dot- com -dot- au