[PlanetCCRMA] Newbie: can't get jackd to work

Jeroen Baten jbaten@i2rs.nl
Tue Oct 4 00:05:02 2005

Op maandag 3 oktober 2005 20:06, schreef Mark Knecht:
> On 10/3/05, Jeroen Baten <jbaten@i2rs.nl> wrote:
> > Two small remaining questions:
> > -how to get wav files into linuxsampler?
>
> You absolutely do not get wave files into LinuxSampler unless you have
> a method to create a gig file from your wave file/files.

Yep. I just thought you might know a way. I guess not :-)

> For this you will likely do better with QSynth, or Timidity, or
> Specimen or SimSam or even Hydrogen for that matter.

Just got Swami doing this. Specimen segfaults on fc3 and simsam is not in the
repository (yet).

> > -Wich line in apt sources to add for source downloads so I can try to
> > compile simsam for fc3?
>
> This question I do not understand. Sorry.

Fernando did. No worries.

Thanks for all your help.

--
  Jeroen Baten            | EMAIL :  JBATEN@I2RS.NL
 ____  _  __              | web   :  www.i2rs.nl
  |  )|_)(_               | tel   :  +31 (0)499 477 688
 _|_/_| \__)              | fax   :  +31 (0)499 476 804
Roerlaan 36, 5691 HJ, Son, the Netherlands