[PlanetCCRMA] snd - nothing but hiss

Kjetil S. Matheussen kjetil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Oct 3 13:33:01 2005

Mark Knecht:
>Hi,
>   When I run snd and load an ogg file I seem to get nothing but hiss.
>Is this expected?
>
>   Also, on another list snd was recommended as a Jack-aware editor
>but I Cannot find any mention of Jack in it's online manual, located
>here:
>
>http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/snd/snd.html
>
>Does snd understand Jack?

Hi, you might want to try snd-ls, which is a version of snd
that should work more like other sound editors without doing
a lot of configuring first.
http://www.notam02.no/arkiv/src/snd/
(Both jack and ogg should work out-of-the-box with the latest version)

I don't know why the planet-ccrma-version doesn't work for you though.
It might be a bit old and wasn't compiled with --with-jack...