[PlanetCCRMA] more disk performance problems

Sun Oct 2 11:27:01 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 22:40 -0400, jfm3 wrote:
> Sorry to take a while to get back on this one.
>
> I see no different module names under the 2.6.12 FC4 1447 kernel than I
> do under the 2.6.13 ccrma kernel.
>
> I'm pretty sure this is the releveant lspci entry under 2.6.12.
>
> 00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA
> Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 80 [Master])
>         Subsystem: Dell: Unknown device 0187
>         Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 7
>         I/O ports at <ignored>
>         I/O ports at <ignored>
>         I/O ports at <ignored>
>         I/O ports at <ignored>
>         I/O ports at bfa0 [size=16]
>         Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 2
>
> Anyone else using SATA disks under 2.6.13 ccrma?

I am using SATA/FC4/latest edge kernel with no problems. My drive comes
up as sda, not hda. I don't know why it is different in your case.

This is what seems to be loaded and handling the drive in my machines:
# /sbin/lsmod|grep ata
sata_nv                13444  2
sata_sil               13316  0
libata                 55428  2 sata_nv,sata_sil
scsi_mod              147944  2 libata,sd_mod

What do you get in yours?
I imagine (regretfully) that this is a kernel problem with your
particular chipset.

-- Fernando