OT: RME Multiface performance -- was: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Audiuphile 192 and others

Peter Lutek plutek@infinity.net
Tue Nov 15 17:13:00 2005

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

>...For example, I use a RME multiface.. when I operate it
>at 44 or 48K I see a excess of phase skew and an attention of
>frequency response right near the top of the pass band. If I operate
>the converter at 96k and use libsample rate to downsample, this is
>gone.  I find it highly doubtful that the distortion is audible, but
>since it is both in passband of human hearing and is measurable, I
>prefer to eliminate it.

i agree with your assessment that it is best to eliminate such a thing.
i also use a multiface, and am interested in seeing the methodology and
results of your tests, if you care to share them.

best-
-p