[PlanetCCRMA] fc3 & yum...

Thu Mar 31 10:51:01 2005

For those of you out there desperate to test yum repos under fc3
(because of fear of apt, convenience, personal preference for yummy
things, etc).

Try adding this to /etc/yum.repos.d/, for example in a file named
"planetccrma.repo":

==== CUT HERE ====
[updates]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Updates
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/core/updates/

[planetccrma]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Planet CCRMA Apps
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/planetccrma/

[planetcore]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Planet CCRMA Core
baseurl=http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/repodata/fedora/$releasever/planetcore/
==== CUT HERE ====

Let me know how it goes...

[to other repo maintainers: it looks like createrepo is a _real_ memory
hog, at least in my experience, more time and resource consuming than
the old yum metadata generation - or maybe I'm making some mistake?]

-- Fernando