[PlanetCCRMA] Pulling USB cable on FC2 machine causes keyboard and network to crash...

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Thu Mar 31 10:45:02 2005

On 31 Mar 2005 10:35:29 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 10:30, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    In the process of cleaning the house this morning my wife pulled
> > the USB cable going to an external USB to Optical device we use. I had
> > assumed  that this would be OK to do. After that the keyboard was
> > dead. I couldn't get to the machine through the network so apparently
> > ndiswrapper got harmed also. Hotplugging the keyboard itself didn't
> > help. Since the power switch does a reasonable shutdown operation we
> > rebooted and everything is up and running again.
> >
> >    Has anyone else seen this? The USB device is card 1. The onboard
> > sound chip is card 0.
> >
> >    I haven't tried repeating as of yet.
>
> I think I've read of similar things happening (don't remember on which
> list). Most probably a kernel bug.

OK. In that case where do I report it? (Assuming I try it again and
the problem repeats...)  To Alsa's mantis site and let them deal with
it? Someplace else?

Thanks,
Mark