[PlanetCCRMA] Failure starting ALSA with an MAudio Delta 66

Louis van Dompselaar louis@dompselaar.org
Thu Mar 31 07:32:01 2005

It does seem to be related to the init script.  I can happily store and restore,
but if I restart through the script, it then fails:

[root@babylero ~]# /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0
[root@babylero ~]# /usr/sbin/alsactl restore 0
[root@babylero ~]# service alsasound restart
Shutting down sound driver                                 [  OK  ]
Starting sound driver snd-ice1712                          [  OK  ]
Starting sequencer                                         [  OK  ]
Restoring sound driver settings /usr/sbin/alsactl: set_controls:1124:
snd_ctl_open error: No such file or directory
                                                            [FAILED]
[root@babylero ~]# /usr/sbin/alsactl restore 0
/usr/sbin/alsactl: set_controls:1124: snd_ctl_open error: No such file or directory

However, it doesn't produce this error during boot.  I've never seen
a problem with my Delta44 on FC3 (other than the initial envy24control bug).

So, even though I can reproduce the errors, my Delta44 works fine.

Louis