[PlanetCCRMA] Interesting behavior from Fedora 3

Bradley S. Campbell bsc3j@virginia.edu
Mon Mar 28 13:55:01 2005

Hello all,

While this isn't a sound-related question, I thought
I'd ask since it seems some CCRMAns are really good at
diffusing Linux problems. I am using kernel
2.6.11-0.3.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma (with Fedora Core 3). I
shut down my computer last Friday as I was going out
of town for the weekend with everything working
completely fine. I came back today and rebooted it,
and now none of my USB devices work. I don't believe
it's a USB problem per se, as my USB printer works
fine and "/sbin/lsusb" gives the following (which
doesn't seem unusual):

Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 03f0:0604 Hewlett-Packard
DeskJet 840c
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

The error I get when trying to mount mass-storage USB
devices is "mount: special device /dev/sdx does not
exist" -- it seems like a problem with SCSI (I think
-- odds are I'm wrong though). I had devices sda1 and
sbd1 in my /dev diretory before I left (SCSI devices
for two USB mass storage devices), but they are no
longer there. Does anyone have any suggestions as to
what may be going on here??

Thanks,
Brad

http://au.movies.yahoo.com