[PlanetCCRMA] Menus on FC3

Mon Mar 28 10:49:02 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 00:59, audioweb@clix.pt wrote:
> It's been a while since I wrote something down here, wich I guess it's a really good thing. I'm currently on FC3, and am quite happy with performance. My first attempts at trying to get Ardour to fail or get critical have been amazing. Playing 16 tracks while recording another 8, no Xruns (256 buffer), great improvements from previous kernels, although I did not quantify this. It just feels a lot more stable. I guess this is kernel/alsa and also Ardour/Jack related.
> Anyway, it's great! Thanks to all, especially Fernando and all the developers (too many to mention, you know who you are).
> After 3 or so years, I do believe it's getting to be serious for the day job.
>
> I have currently two issues:
>
> 1 - What about the menu entries for FC3? I get crazy sometimes with the menus
> changing or disappearing (why?) If I create menu entries, where are they saved?

What do you mean by menus changing or dissapearing? I don't see that
happening in my tests, I guess the only way for that to happen would be
to add or erase packages (that have menu entries). Any examples you can
remember? On which environment? (gnome, kde, etc).

> 2 - VST --> I know Fernando you don't want to mess with this right now,
> but do you plan something in the near future? (maybe some rpm's off the list?)

Hmmm, I don't know, the reasons I had to not mess with this (it
eventually leads to me having to debug windows problems!) is still
valid... I guess I could eventually provide some rpms but it is not that
easy because vst support affects several apps.

-- Fernando