[PlanetCCRMA] latest kernel rocks

Gregory McCourt greg.mccourt@englishfirst.com
Sun Mar 27 18:32:01 2005

I didn't see the 2.6.11 kernel on the website. I'm still using the 2.6.10 kernel on a fc3 box. If there is a newer stabil kernel, where do I get it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tracey Hytry <shakti@bayarea.net>
To: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 03:16:22 -0800
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] latest kernel rocks

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:53:39 +0100
jonathan segel <jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com> wrote:

> after just doing a few shows last week still using fc1 (2.4.26) on my
> laptop, i updated the fc3 partition to the new 2.6.11 kernel and it
> finally works for me (sharp mv12w laptop). previous fc3 kernels were
> still having audio glitches and xruns, (and a couple system freezes!)
> this one seems to go and go. i may have done my last in fc1.  i set up
> a few endless things and set them in motion
> (supercollider->zyn->freaktweak->supercollider->superlooper etc) and
> let them go on and on for twelve or more hours, including screen savers
> and ZERO xruns. really cool.
> i've been looking forward to switching everthing over to fc3, i
> generally like it a lot better, the more modern desktops and network
> interaction and such.
>
> thanks fernando! you are amazing.

I agree, this one rocks,

I'm currently playing an ogg at 1.45msec latency, while writing this.

I have the World of Warcraft game running in a window under wine and the nvidia drivers at the same time.  I can move the window with the game(doing animations and all) around the screen with no xruns in jack.

Thanks Fernando :)