[PlanetCCRMA] latest kernel rocks

jonathan segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Sat Mar 26 09:54:00 2005

after just doing a few shows last week still using fc1 (2.4.26) on my
laptop, i updated the fc3 partition to the new 2.6.11 kernel and it
finally works for me (sharp mv12w laptop). previous fc3 kernels were
still having audio glitches and xruns, (and a couple system freezes!)
this one seems to go and go. i may have done my last in fc1.  i set up
a few endless things and set them in motion
(supercollider->zyn->freaktweak->supercollider->superlooper etc) and
let them go on and on for twelve or more hours, including screen savers
and ZERO xruns. really cool.
i've been looking forward to switching everthing over to fc3, i
generally like it a lot better, the more modern desktops and network
interaction and such.

thanks fernando! you are amazing.

         Jonathan Segel  --  4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
                 MAGNETIC -- http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com