[PlanetCCRMA] Rosegarden DSSI Problems

Steve Haynal ccrma@softerhardware.com
Tue Mar 22 23:09:01 2005

Thanks for the responses. I had some dssi stuff installed in /usr/local
that I've cleaned up but still have the same problems. I captured the
console output from both versions of rosegarden. Here are the
interesting differences:

1.  Version 0.9 produces all 4 lines, version 1.0 produces only the first 3.
DSSI VST plugin GUI controller v0.96
Copyright (c) 2004 Chris Cannam
created lo server (url is osc.udp://shiva:18373/) - update path is
/plugin/dssi/10000/synth/EWQLSOGoldVST.dll/update
Launched ok, pid = 7091

2.  Version 1.0 produces hundreds of lines of "Profiler" output that
does not appear in 0.9. For example,
Profiler : id = StudioControl::setStudioObjectProperty(float) - elapsed
= 0ms CPU,  0.000286000R real
Profiler : id = StudioControl::createStudioObject - elapsed = 0ms CPU,
0.010427000R real

3. The first thing version 1.0 does is initialize the DSSIPluginFactory,
version 0.9 does this later, after initializing jack. All in different
orders, both versions generate similar initialization output.
PluginFactory::instance(dssi): creating new DSSIPluginFactory
[/home/shaynal/.dssi] [/usr/local/lib/dssi] [/usr/lib/dssi]
RemoteVSTClient: all cache files are up-to-date, not running scanner
RemoteVSTClient: all cache files are up-to-date, not running scanner
Rosegarden 4-1.0 - AlsaDriver - alsa-lib version 1.0.8

4. This line appears in working version 0.9 but not in broken version 1.0:
AlsaDriver::setMIDIClockInterval( 0.020833333R)

5. Version 1.0 creates the DSSIPluginFactory twice. Once at the very
beginning and then later when I start a DSSI plugin.