[PlanetCCRMA] Rosegarden DSSI Problems

Peter Howard pjh@coastal.net.au
Mon Mar 21 02:30:02 2005

--=-PdBX41fn/JOaFzVi4DuK

On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 22:42 -0800, Steve Haynal wrote:
> I upgraded to CCRMA's rosegarden4_1.0-1.rhfc3.ccrma_i386.rpm and now=20
> DSSI soft synths no longer work. When I start a DSSI soft synth in=20
> rosegarden (trivial_synth, less_trivial_synth, dssi-vst) everything=20
> appears the same as with the older version of rosegarden (guis appear,=20
> same messages on console, no errors) but the soft synth does not seem to=20
> receive midi data nor produce audio, even when I force it to via the=20
> gui. All the connections in jack look good. I'm running FC3. I've=20
> switched back to rosegarden4_0u
> http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/planetccrma.9.91-1.rhfc3.=
ccrma_i386.rpm and=20
> everything is fine again. Has anyone experienced (and solved) this=20
> problem? Has anyone used the lau
> http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/planetccrmatest rosegarde=
n with DSSI soft synths=20
> successfully?

I'm running fine with that version of rosegarden4, using multiple
fluidsynth DSSI plugins.  The onlu
> http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/planetccrmay quirks I've =
noticed are:
- "Send test note" doesn't work (i.e. no sound)
- The very first time you play anything in Rosegarden, you get
instrument #1 (in GM that's a Grand Piano).  Simply stopping and
rewinding after this results in normal selections.

--=20
Peter Howard <pjh@coastal.net.au>

--=-PdBX41fn/JOaFzVi4DuK

--=-PdBX41fn/JOaFzVi4DuK--