[PlanetCCRMA] One more question -- rezound

Bradley S. Campbell bsc3j@virginia.edu
Fri Mar 18 10:40:01 2005

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Kevin (and everyone else),<br>
I went to rebuild rezound and I got a few errors about the fox
libraries, so I attempted to upgrade them.&nbsp; The rpm hung while trying
to upgrade, but it seemed to finish (I'm guessing it was a bad .rpm).&nbsp;
I uninstalled that updated version (or so I think, with rpm -e) and
used synaptic to reinstall the ccrma version of fox.&nbsp; Now when I
attempt to install fox via synaptic weird things happen:&nbsp; 1) I get an
error saying fox is already installed, or 2) fox installs, but in a
peculiar way -- the package "fox" remains queued for installation, and
a package "fox#1.2.11.rhfc3.ccrma" appears installed, while "fox" isn't
installed and is always waiting to be.<br>
I think what I need to do is uninstall all the fox rpms I have and
manually clean out any files which may have resulted from the bogus rpm
install attempt and then use synaptic to install the ccrma version of
fox.&nbsp; Does anyone have a reccommendation of how to do this in a way
that won't compromise my system?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Brad<br>
Kevin Ernste wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:01:33 -0500, Bradley S. Campbell