[PlanetCCRMA] Help on aplay: Access type not available

Renato Degli Esposti rde@realname.it
Wed Mar 16 05:10:02 2005

Fernando, thank you for your answer.
my apologies, I realize my message is not clear and detailed  enough.
I needed to guess why two machines with the same OS, the same tools, the
same sound card (Maudio delta44) behaves differently, or better, one
works while the other not.
I supposed it's not hardware related, because I guess in that case
ardour/jack should not work.
So , using the .asoundrc found here:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?
company=Midiman%2FMAudio&card=Delta+44.&chip=ICE1712+%28Envy24%
29&module=ice1712

I got the output. But I still have the doubt why I need not this
configuration on my workstation to get the same result.

Thank you again
Renato