[PlanetCCRMA] using zynaddsubfx

Luis Garrido garrido_luis@hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 13:48:01 2005

>Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] using zynaddsubfx with soundtracker
>From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU>
>To: nigel henry <cave.dnb@tiscali.fr>
>Cc: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
>Date: 15 Mar 2005 10:20:04 -0800
>
>On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 16:30, nigel henry wrote:
> > I've got an app called making waves, a stepsequencer on Win XP. The
>nearest
> > thing I can find for use on Linix is a tracker. Dl'd soundtracker from
>ccrma
> > and it seems to work with my .wav files ok. Is there a way I can use
> > zynaddsubfx to record live sound onto the soundtracker, a loopback
>device for
> > instance. Nigel.
>
>Both soundtracker and zynaddsubfx can use Jack. So, if Jack is running
>and both apps are using it it should be possible to connect the output
>of zyaddsubfx to soundtracker, but I just opened soundtracker and I
>don't see any way to record stuff in it (maybe it is there somewhere, of
>course). It may be better to explore muse, rosegarden or ardour for
>recording from other apps.
>
>-- Fernando

Mmmm, perhaps you may explore the possibility of driving zynaddsubfx via a
midi sequencer with a tracker style interface.

ShakeTracker:

Shake tracker is a MIDI sequencer aimed to all the tracker lovers who
allways wanted to go midi, while keeping all sort of cool tracker features.
Shake tracker has a tracker-like interface which supports patterns, orders
and IT-like effects.
Each track (midi channel) is subdivided in columns of it's on, so this adds
an extra layer to pattern editing. Note on, Noteoff and velocity are also
implemented the usual way, while the effect column understands most of IT
commands with similar parameter ranges. Finally, there's also a
controller/effects column and plans for adding "paintable controllers"
support.

http://www.reduz.com.ar/cheesetronic/index.php?section=3

Cheers,

Luis