[PlanetCCRMA] 2.6.10-0.5.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma + ndiswrapper?

Mon Mar 14 10:03:02 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 06:21, Timo wrote:
> I have for some time tried to migrate from a very well working FC1
> Planet CCRMA box to FC3. I have managed to compile neither ndiswrapper
> 07, 0.11, 1.0 nor 1.1 with the 2.6.10-0.5.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma kernel and
> hence am still using FC1. I suspect Ndiswrapper can not find the right
> sources and headers while compiling.
>
> I downloaded the ...2.6.10-0.5.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma.src.rpm and installed
> it but still no luck. Is this the "real" kernel source package, or is
> there some other package I should install to have the sources and
> headers available for other software such as Ndiswrapper when
> compiling?

I've had no experience with ndiswrapper. The externally accessible
headers for the *rdt kernels should be in:
  /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
Maybe there is something in the source you are trying to build that can
be pointed to that location.

Some external modules need more "internals" of the kernel, I think, for
that you need to download the source rpm and follow the instructions in
the fc3 release notes to build a "ready to build" kernel source tree
that exactly corresponds to the kernel you are running.

> Not a big deal really, because my FC1 installation works so well, but
> it would be nice to upgrade anyway.

-- Fernando