[PlanetCCRMA] missing menu item for timidity++ "can't find it"

nigel henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Fri Mar 11 13:24:01 2005

Been moaning for a while about KDE dropping Kmidi from FC2. But messing around
on MDK10.0 trying to get the sound working with alsa 1.06a I thought I'd DL
timidity++. Trying it I found it plays midi files just like Kmidi. Whoopee.
Right, apt-get install timidity++ on FC2. Doh. The binary is in /usr/bin. the
icons are in /usr/share/timidity, but I'm not sure how to access the binary.
Tried timidity++ at user and root on CLI. Complete No-No. And absolutely
nothing in the menu's anywhere. Ironic really, I don't like MDK but it gives
a nice desktop icon for timidity and the program works, and yet on FC2 where
I've got all the planet stuff it's a no-go. If your reading this Fernando,
thanks a lot for the help in getting the planet repositories back in the
sources.list after the attempted dag wieers coup d'etat. Any help to get this
working greatly appreciated. Nigel.

kernel: 2.6.10-0.2.rdt.rhfc2/ccrma
alsa version 1.0.8