[PlanetCCRMA] pd, alsa, fc3, SB audigy

David O'Toole dto@irrationalgames.com
Thu Mar 10 07:06:01 2005

Hi,

I experienced this exact same problem with an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
Pro, Pentium 4, FC2 + ccrma edge kernels running Pure Data.

It would run fine for a few minutes, then the storm of glitches would
come until the outgoing signal was trashed (but file on HDD sounds
fine when played back later, no glitches.) Then after some silence,
the signal suddenly comes back, and maybe 15 minutes later the whole
noisy process starts again.

But apps like xmms and Snd play for hours and hours without trouble on
that machine. It seemed to persist across different edge kernels.

I never was able to figure out what's wrong with it, and since I have
upgraded to a newer rackmount PC with a Delta 1010, I have not tried Pd
with the Audigy much.