[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl probs on FC3

Peter Howard pjh@coastal.net.au
Mon Mar 7 18:08:00 2005

I've just upgraded from FC2 to FC3 (when I say "upgrade" I mean "clean
install of FC3 on reformatted partition and then install CCRMA on top) and
am now having problems with qjackctl.

If I start jackd off the command line with

jackd --realtime -d alsa

it works.  However when starting up qjackctl I get the error:

"Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client.  MIDI patchbay will be not
available"
"ALSA lib seq_hw.c:446(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such
file or directory"

This is with kernel 2.6.10-0.4.rdt

and
alsa-driver 1.0.8-3
alsa-lib 1.0.8-1

Suggestions on what I haven't installed or installed wrongly?  I
originally had libasound2 from ATrpms installed and had to manually
(--nodeps) remove it before installing the CCRMA ALSA packages, so I may
have broken something along the way.

PJH