[PlanetCCRMA] OS questions

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Sun Mar 6 15:58:01 2005

Hi Buddy,

There will be no RH10. Fedora Core 1, 2 and now FC3 have replaced RH
for end-user setups.

The 2.6 kernels on the Planet site are probably as good or better than
what you would be using if you are using a standard 2.4 kernel. If you
are using a Planet 2.4 kerne those were pretty good also.

You might look at a site like DistroWatch

http://distrowatch.com/

For more info. I'm sure you can buy CDs at many places. I googled

price mail CD "Fedora Core 3" and came up with 100's of links. I
cannot recommend any particular one though.

Just a heads up but if you do not have enough disk space for the iso
images then you'll have a hard time gettign much audio work done. On
the other hand if you're doing only MIDI work you may be OK.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Mark