[PlanetCCRMA] IRQ priorities

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Fri Mar 4 16:52:02 2005

On 04 Mar 2005 16:28:21 -0800, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
<nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 15:37, Michael Jackson wrote:
> > The CCRMA manual states about changing the irq priority of the soundcard
> > without going into how. I found 2 programs -irqtune and powertweak- but
> > haven't tried them yet. What are people using to do this?
>
> I have not tried either of those programs. Some BIOS's allow you to
> select which interrupt goes to which pci slot, regretfully very few of
> them do that. Usually what I think people do is physically switch the
> card to a different slot and see what IRQ the BIOS assigns to it.
>
> -- Fernando

While I do not think it's all part of even the Planet kernels yet,
there was a set of patches from possibly Ingo Molnar that allowed an
administrator to set threaded vs. non-threaded operation for specific
interrupts. I've used these on my Gentoo setup and with only the sound
card set to non-thread the operation was every bit as good as anythign
I ever got with 2.4 kernels and messing with interrupt positioning.

- Mark