[PlanetCCRMA] Other repositories?

mrgrimm@radioactivecatfish.com mrgrimm@radioactivecatfish.com
Sat Feb 26 17:17:01 2005

--------------000808050106070105030408

just to follow up on this repository discussion, is it safe to mix the
following repo's as listed on
http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#D ?  it states they are all
made to be compatible:

FreshRPMS, Dries, NewRPMS, DAG and PlanetCCRMA?

seems like people have been having problems with using the planet with
fedora.us and livna.org...  any mileage or problems with using the
planet with those (FreshRPMS, Dries, NewRPMS, DAG)?*

*thanks, wayne*
*

David Hill wrote:

>Don't know if I should say much on the subject, but I followed this
>instruction page to the letter and had no issues (at least that were not
>self induced ;) ) on 4 CCRMA machines. This is the warning associated
>with mixing repositories.
>
>http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_3_installation_notes.html#Warning
>
>Dave
>
>On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 13:44 +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
>

>>>Yeah, this is one of my biggest problems with Fedora. There isn't
>>>enough stuff on the main distro to really live with the machine day
>>>

>in
>

>>>and day out, and there's no guarantee that any of these 'extras'
>>>

>site
>

>>>are completely compatible with the work Fernando does. It's no one's
>>>fault. It's just the downside of this distro.
>>>
>>>That said I've used Fedora Extras and Livna a bit but I cannot
>>>recommend them as I've had problems. It's one of those 'if it works
>>>

>it
>

>>>works' things.
>>>

>>Right, I use livna and atrpms and probsbly others, and I havent had
>>

>any
>

>>problems, but I'm quite selecive about what I include from the non-
>>

>planet
>

>>repositories.
>>
>>- Steve

--------------000808050106070105030408

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
just to follow up on this repository discussion, is it safe to mix the
following repo's as listed on<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#D">http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#D</a> ?&nbsp; it states they are all
made to be compatible:<br>
FreshRPMS, Dries, NewRPMS, DAG and PlanetCCRMA?<br>
seems like people have been having problems with using the planet with
fedora.us and livna.org...&nbsp; any mileage or problems with using the
planet with those (FreshRPMS, Dries, NewRPMS, DAG)?<b><br>
</b><br>
David Hill wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Don't know if I should say much on the subject, but I followed this
instruction page to the letter and had no issues (at least that were not
self induced ;) ) on 4 CCRMA machines. This is the warning associated
with mixing repositories.

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_3_installation_notes.html#Warning">http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_3_installation_notes.html#Warning</a>

Dave

      <pre wrap="">Yeah, this is one of my biggest problems with Fedora. There isn't
enough stuff on the main distro to really live with the machine day
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->in
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">and day out, and there's no guarantee that any of these 'extras'
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->site
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">are completely compatible with the work Fernando does. It's no one's
fault. It's just the downside of this distro.

That said I've used Fedora Extras and Livna a bit but I cannot
recommend them as I've had problems. It's one of those 'if it works
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->it
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">works' things.
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Right, I use livna and atrpms and probsbly others, and I havent had
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->any
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">problems, but I'm quite selecive about what I include from the non-
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->planet
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">repositories.