[PlanetCCRMA] Mulitple Jack audio interfaces (was Tascam US-122 audio problem)

Ben Cohen benedict1000@yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 16:56:02 2005

> If you are only correcting for clock accuracy and
> using the same sample rate
> (e.g. two soundcards running at 48K) then you only
> need delete/insert a sample
> every few 100,000 or million samples. Smooth it a
> little and it shouldn't be too
> bad cpu-wise.

Wow. I did't think this would be possible without a
lot of work. It would be an very useful way of getting
the most out of low end/consumer equipment. I know a
lot of people who have an audio device on there
motherboard and a PCI device too. This could allow for
four track recording or 2 sets of stereo FX processing
which would get some DJs I know very excited!

I assumed that it wouldn't be in keeping with the
opening statement on the Jack website and so I stopped
looking ("JACK was designed from the ground up for
professional audio work").

Can you point me in the direction of any more info on
this?

Cheers
Benedict