[PlanetCCRMA] Tascam US-122 audio problem

Ben Cohen benedict1000@yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 10:28:00 2005

Hello all,

I've just bought myself a Tascam US-122 (my first
experiance with the wonder that is interest free
credit - www.soundcontrol.co.uk).

The midi works fine but I'm having problems getting
the audio to work. The device shows up in Qamix (along
with my laptops onboard audio which still works fine)
but it has no controls.

The device uses the snd-usb-usx2y alsa module but from
reading previous post in the archive it seems that
CCRMA installs all the needed drivers for me. When I
run alsaconf as root it only displays the onboard
audio device.

My system is fully up to date and I'm using kernel
2.6.10-2.

Anyone able to help?

Cheers
Benedict