[PlanetCCRMA] jackstart problem + repos

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Feb 20 07:07:01 2005

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 08:53:41PM +0700, Gregory McCourt wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I've been setting up my box as a PlanetCCRMA machine. My soundcard is
one of the new SB Live 7.1 cards. Alsa seems to be working, but I don't
have the sound system to test surround (yet). I've installed the Jack kit
and when I try to start it---just to see if it works---using the suggested
command:

> jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100
>
> the term just scrolls the following:
>

> **** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.027 msecs

This means that your system is missing realtime deadlines. Do you have the
realtime LSM working? Can you post the output that jackd prints when it
first starts (before the xrun lines).

> Also, if I enable other repos, e.g. freshrpms, for use with apt, will
that interfere with my PlanetCCRMA installation when I do a dist-upgrade?

Its worked OK for me, but there is the risk that you will not get the
version of some package you expect if its in multiple repositories.
I'm currently using Planet, Livna and ATRPMs

- Steve