[PlanetCCRMA] Re: xmms-jack on FC3

Sat Feb 19 11:11:01 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 03:53, Charles Fox wrote:
> Sorry, I am very new to all this -- I have done an apt-get update and
> apt-get dist-upgrade to try to get the xmms-jack package, then I rebooted,
> started Jack and Xmms, but I still don't see a Jack output plugin in Xmms.
> What am I doing wrong?

For new packages, in general, you have to install them explicitly. So do
a "apt-get install xmms-jack" and restart xmms, you should see the new
plugin.

[Caveat: "dist-upgrade" can only upgrade what is already there. I do
have the planetccrma-audioapps meta package for just this, that is, if I
upgrade the planetccrma-audioapps package to include in its dependencies
the new package it will get pulled in by a dist-upgrade, but I have not
yet included xmms-jack in it...]

-- Fernando