[PlanetCCRMA] Jack, Jackd and realtime problem

Ben Cohen benedict1000@yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 11:24:01 2005

> Try increasing the frames/period in the settings
> dialogue.

I've just tried that but it has no effect. However
I've just ran amSynth from a terminal and it gives
theses messages:

GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to: No such
user 500.

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in
module_path: "libindustrial.so",
'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc
/usr/bin/amSynth: line 75:  8273 Aborted
  $BINDIR/amSynth.bin $*

********** there was an error! **********

please check your config in ~/.amSynthrc

What does all of this mean?! I guess it has something
to do with my gtk theme. I've tried changing my theme
back to the Bluecurve default but this doesn't work
either. However, it does have a different error:

GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to: No such
user 500.

Gtk-WARNING **:
/usr/lib/gtk/themes/engines/libbluecurve.so: failed to
map segment from shared object: Resource temporarily
unavailable
'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc
/usr/bin/amSynth: line 75:  8299 Aborted
  $BINDIR/amSynth.bin $*

********** there was an error! **********

please check your config in ~/.amSynthrc

Anyone have any clues?

Cheers
Benedict