[PlanetCCRMA] Re: using yum instead of apt-get?

Lars terraformers@gmx.net
Thu Feb 17 12:31:01 2005

http://ccrma-mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2004-October/006233.html

> I have not yet added FC3, the yum it has uses a different repository
> format (if I understand things correctly).
>
> -- Fernando

hello

first thanks for the ccrma yum repo! a really great resource for fedora/rh
audio users!
i would like to request the support of the new yum 2.1.x repodata format, as
fedora 3+ uses this now and can't use the older header files.
it should be easy to generate the needed repodata files with the repodata
command.
for doing this please see
https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum-devel/2004-September/000283.html

would really *love* to be able to yum update my ccrma packages again!

thanks!
lars