[PlanetCCRMA] pd externals

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Tue Feb 8 08:13:01 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:04:08 -0500, Jon B <epxcv1y02@sneakemail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm...  I didn't know it would have anything to do with the distro.
> I'm in FC3.  Isn't the CCRMA repository for all distros?

It is, but there are time delays. Fernando has to build the
applications you are looking for. He works mostly (I think) on the
idea that the most value comes when he builds for the distro that has
the most users, and then he catches up over time on the least used
versions. (My guess about how he does things. Nothing  more.)

Since FC3 is newer there have been fewer users and probably a bit less
of a push to get things done. I do see announcements about more stuff
coming along so maybe he'll get pd done sooner vs. later since you are
requesting it. I don't know what the priorities are right now.

Hope this helps,
Mark