[PlanetCCRMA] what's a stable mixture of fedora and ccrma for a fairly new linux user

andy graybeal graybeal@frognet.net
Mon Feb 7 10:22:02 2005

i'm new to linux and to ccrma ...
i'm wondering if fc3 and ccrma are stable partners?

i tried running ccrma with fc2 almost a year ago..and the experience was
frustrating.   fc1 didn't work so well with my ibm thinkpad t22 laptop
... fc2 was just fine with my laptop, fc1 worked well with ccrma but fc2
didn't.  i went back to ms.windows because i lost access to broadband
and the frustrations with fc2 and ccrma were unenjoyable for me.  now i
have broadband back (somewhat, i work at a restaurant that has
broadband) and i'd like to get back into the swing of things again.

for a newb.. what should i download to get started with ccrma?  what's
the most easy stable mixture (if hardware is a concern.. again i have a
ibm t22 thinkpad laptop... the soundcard that comes with it is all i
have.. crystal soundfusion).

i plan on using pure-data, a program  like steinberg wavelab, and a
realtime spectral analysis program.  later on i'd like to play with csound.

-andy