[PlanetCCRMA] Loading modules at startup

Sun Feb 6 11:53:01 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-05 at 15:13, Jon B wrote:
> How do I get snd-seq-midi and snd-virmidi loaded at startup?  I'm
> using Fedora 3 and know nothing about it.  Been using Debian and
> DeMuDi in the past few months...

For snd-seq-midi you can enable the alsasound startup script:
  /sbin/chkconfig alsasound on
On the next boot it should start snd-seq.
I don't know what would be the best way to autostart alsa-seq. I should
probably modify the alsasound startup script so that it is possible to
specify additional modules to be loaded on startup.

You could add a explicit:
  /sbin/modprobe snd-virmidi
in /etc/rc.d/rc.local but that's a hack...

> Is there an IRC group or similar for CCRMA?  I see there is not on
> freenode, which seems to have a group for everything...

No, sorry, not irc channels are available.....
-- Fernando