[PlanetCCRMA] Turtle Beach USB MIDI cable not recognized in Jack

Mark Knecht Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com>
Tue Feb 1 16:04:03 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:11:39 -0800, David Hill <cardinalrg2@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 12:29 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> > alias eth0 e100
> > alias scsi_hostadapter ata_piix
> > alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
> > options snd-card-0 index=0
> > #USB stuff
> > alias snd-card-1 snd-usbmidi
> > options snd-card-1 index=1
> > snd card_limit=2
> > #End USB stuff
> > install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0
> > && /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
> > remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1
> >
> > that's a total hack and guaranteed not to work but it should give you
> > an idea what you are looking for.
> >
> > When it's instaleld and running you should see your USB device under
> > /proc/asound/cards
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Mark
>
> Thanks for your help Mark, Fernando's fix worked. I am curious though,
> is this more functionality I should have? Or is it another work around
> to the problem?
>
> Dave

Dave,
   Fernando's fix is fine. I just kjumped in early as I was around a
bunch today working on my ogg file server. The stuff I was talking
about may or may not help you when you are doing reboots, etc. One
consistent problem with the MidiMan type USB-MIDI interface is it
seems to change whether it's card 0 or card 1 so things get confused.
Adding the options snd-card-0 index=0 will keep your cards in place
from day to day and make things run more consistently.

   It's not all that well described out there (IMHO) and it's caused
me problems. Clemens (Alsa developer) recommends it.

   What ever you do have fun making music under Linux. Glad you have
things working.

- Mark