[PlanetCCRMA] CCRMA SMP FC4 crashes

Roman Katzer klangmeister@gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 07:40:02 2005

On 05/12/05, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> Sure, it should work. It depends on how concerned you are with low
> latency. Fedora Core's kernel (specially the latest versions) should
> work fine with the rest of Planet CCRMA.

How much lower can I expect it to be with a CCRMA kernel vs. a standard kernel?

> > even doing nothing at all, top shows a load of greater than 1, often
> > greater than 2.
>
> I have seen this, never found out what's going on and ignored it :-)

Hmm, if anyone knows, enlighten me. I tried stopping all but some
essential services, and it still happens.

> > will CCRMA support yum at some point?
>
> It already does, I don't document it in the main pages as I have don't
> use it myself and have not had time to add documentation about it...

So are there yum repositories for CCRMA?
I'm just concerned about incompatibilities from using both yum and
apt-get - or updates I don't get because I can only use apt-get.

Roman