[PlanetCCRMA] rtirq and rtload

Michael T D Nelson m_nels@gmx.net
Fri Dec 2 02:42:01 2005

Hi all,

I'm running a fully updated FC3 PlanetCCRMA set-up, using a
2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc3.ccrma kernel.

Despite reading Linux Audio for some years now, I have always just let
my PlanetCCRMA updates take care of keeping my machine running smoothly.
Most of the time, it has worked very pleasingly. On the few occasions
when things have gone wrong, I have received very impressive help from
this and other lists... Thank you!

********************

I was just poking around, and found this...

In my 'Service Configuration' window, I see that I have both 'rtirq' and
'rtload' started (runlevel 5).

'rtirq' has a list of (presumably) irq data in the 'status' panel of the
window.

'rtload' has the following text in the 'status' panel: 'the realtime
module does not exist on this kernel.[WARNING]'

I assume that this is all expected.

Since there is no realtime module for my kernel, should I disable
'rtload'? I take it that this will also stop the warning messages that I
see when I boot my machine into this runlevel.

My current understanding is that stopping 'rtload' will only have
adverse effects on realtime performance when I choose to boot into a
kernel with a realtime module. Is this correct?

Thanks
Michael