[PlanetCCRMA] was working with Live! card, not with 1010LT

Mon Aug 22 19:45:01 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 19:18, blindman jones wrote:
> On 22 Aug 2005 18:15:48 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
> <nando@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 17:20, blindman jones wrote:
> > > Ok, I am stumped... I am running FC4 and had Hydrogen & Ardour working
> > > and jack ran well enough... although I never got it to work with
> > > realtime-lsm. I did get a lot of xruns and figured it was time to get
> > > a better card for multitracking, so I removed the SB Live! card and
> > > installed the M-Audio 1010LT card. Now, nothing works... Jack won't
> > > start at all or if it does it crashes right away. I have managed to
> > > get XMMS to play music through the DAC & DAC2.
> > >
> > > I have the kernel-2.6.12-0.21.rdt.rhfc4.ccrma installed and have not
> > > been able to activate realtime... /sbin/modprobe realtime gid=504
> > > produces FATAL: Module realtime not found. What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Nothing, 0.21.rdt is based on 2.6.12 and it incorporates a different way
> > of getting realtime privileges, it no longer needs to have the realtime
> > lsm loaded and in fact it is not included in those kernels.
> >
> > If you have installed the patched version of pam included in the
> > repository you should be able to do realtime stuff with no problems.
>
> Where can I find the patched version of Pam?
>
> I see no pam...
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/4/i386/
>
> browsing has been turned off, so it's hard to find files there now.

That's what apt is for..... you don't need to find anything.
See what you have:
  rpm -q pam
If it has "rhfc4" in the release it is the correct one.
"apt-get install pam" should get the newest one.
If you installed 0.21.rdt with planetccrma-core-edge (in the planetedge
repository) you should have the latest already.

BTW, it is part of the planetcore repository, not the planetccrma one.

I don't think your problem is related to realtime, jack appears to be
working fine up to the point where it does not get interrupts from the
card (or so it seems to me). Running realtime ("-R") should not make a
difference, regretfully.

-- Fernando