[PlanetCCRMA] latence question

Emmanuel Serié gmunu@free.fr
Mon Aug 22 12:17:01 2005

Le Lundi 22 Août 2005 18:57, Alexander Carôt a écrit :
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> though I havn't been using Jack yet and thus I can't help I'm wondering
> what jack.udp is. Can you tell me something about it ?
>
> Thanks

jack.udp is a jack client which permits you to send a signal via udp packets
on a network, so it permit you to connect to jack server on two different
machines.
you can find it at:
http://www.alphalink.com.au/~rd/sw/jack.html

You can use also the client jack.plumbing to program automatic connections.

I use it to ear music in all my house by sending the sound from my computer to
my laptop...

I have the impression that the two servers are not syncronize and there is e
very little delay between the two computers.

I will try the solution of Fernando by puting a delay on one of the signals!

In fact the jack server on my laptop is not running with the real time option
because I have not install the patched kernel on it.
Do you think that it could be better if I install it?
Thanks,
Emmanuel.